2017 Treatment Plan
Off-Shore Treatment Completed on May 24, 2017
- Three large portions of the lake, totaling 28 acres, were treated on May 24th with Diquat, an EPA-approved, broad-spectrum herbicide.
- Diquat is effective against both Eurasian Water Milfoil (EWM) and Curly Leaf Pondweed (CLP).
- DNR felt this treatment was best suited to our particular combination of weeds this season. We have a particularly aggressive CLP invasion compared to previous years.
- Please note that this is the earliest, largest and most expensive treatment DNR has ever allowed on this lake.
- Post-treatment assessment indicates that the treatment was successful.
- That being said, DNR has confirmed that this is one of the worst seasons for weeds we’ve ever had, and we may need a second round of treatment later in the summer.
Near-Shore Treatment Completed on June 2, 2017
- For those who contracted for it, near-shore treatment occurred on June 2nd.
- Treatment notifications were posted at all treated properties, outlining any potential water use restrictions.
- Again, post-treatment assessment of near-shore treatment suggests the treatment was effective.
Potential Additional Treatment Later in Season
- We will continue to monitor our weed situation and work with DNR to request follow-up treatment, if we deem it necessary.
- The area treated and chemical used may vary, depending on our weed situation at the time.